A few musings from the Sabres’ first preseason game
- If there’s one thing I hate more than anything else I hate, it’s losing to the damn Leafs. Even in the preseason. To hell with them.
- Marek Zagrapan was clearly the best Sabre on the ice tonight.
- Jhonas Enroth’s quasi-NHL debut definitely could’ve gone smoother, but other than a few mistakes (like completely forgetting about stopping the puck on Moore’s shorthanded goal) he was pretty solid.
- The veterans in the game tonight didn’t seem to set themselves apart from the rookies. I don’t blame them for not being up for the game, considering they just reported on Friday, but I don’t know if that should be considered disheartening or not.
- Ryan Miller looked average.
- I officially believe that Dylan Hunter has no business ever playing the NHL, and I hope somebody in Sabres management starts to agree with me. He’s a hard worker, but he lacks what we call “talent.”
- Mike Weber and Andrej Sekera still have a ways to go before they’re a permanent pairing in the bigs. While they’re usually pretty solid, each had some mistakes, especially Sekera getting blown by a couple times and making some bad passes. Give them time before you make them your top pairing, people.
- Andrew Peters needs to be cut. Mark Mancari could do his job and actually be useful in the offensive zone. Get it over with. Please.
- Al Iafrate once said, “Empty net goals are for homos.” How fitting it was Jiri Tlusty with that seventh goal?
- Clarke MacArthur? Solid, baby.Finally, some quick hits:
- Curtis Joseph is old.
- Jeff Finger is overpaid.
- Ryan Hollweg is a bitch.
- Toronto still sucks.
Off to Hockeyville tomorrow night.
Posted on September 23, 2008, in Sabres/NHL and tagged Andrej Sekera, Andrew Peters, Dylan Hunter, Golf Leafs Golf, Jhonas Enroth, Marek Zagrapan, Mark Mancari, Mike Weber, Ryan Miller, Sabres, Toronto Maple Leafs. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.